Tech Hub Harare has selected 8 innovative early-stage start-ups to join its first startup incubator program in Zimbabwe. The startups will undergo a 26-week long program to help them build their newly formed start-up ventures into scalable businesses.
Due to the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) challenge, the new cohort will be conducted online through a virtual platform from the 27th of July 2020 to the end of December 2020. The start-ups were rigorously selected by a panel of 4 expert advisors with experience in Banking, Branding, Investments, and Marketing. All 4 advisors are successful entrepreneurs and will be advising the start-ups together with others throughout the program.
Zimbabwean startups are in quite a unique position having been exposed to a harsh economic environment with limited opportunities to learn about the best practices in start-up formation. Through the program, startups will be taken through an intensive program that will help them build their ventures on world-class technology infrastructure.
The selected startup are:
- Umojalands - an Agritech startup.
- Utano Health Services - a Healthtech startup.
- Amigo Solutions - an Edutech startup.
- Kutuma - a logistics startup.
- Knight Social - a digital marketing agency.
- InternZim - an internships platform.
- Wananai - an Agritech startup.
- Mushambadzi - retail tech solutions startup.